Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Start of the Beginning

...And so I find myself once more enticed into the realm of Internet bloggings, findings and profilings, guess I'm just a closet blogger, never truly accepting that my thoughts and day belong to the people, to the world, maybe even aliens with a least a 56k connection. But I guess that's human nature, always wanting to show the world who you are and what you've done, in a way trying to justify your own self, revealing unknown parts of your personality and psyche as your dealings of the mind flow through your veins and splash out unto the keyboard (Or typewriter for all you Amish listeners out there). So in recognition of the wonderful event where I venture forth once more into the forest of blogs and twitters and other makey-upy words, I shall post mine very first and own post.

I guess I never really thought about it before, but I never had a reason to, not trying to say I've got one now but the thought occurs: Would I make a good parent?
Now hopefully I shall not have to discover the real answer to this until the time is right, but it's interesting to dwell on, I mean sure I'm funny and generally a nice guy to hang around with, but how does that translate to parenthood? I know for a fact I detest smaller children, as you have to watch them 24/7 worrying about them denting their little heads or sticking things into other things, having to duck tape down every corner until it looks like the room succumbed to rapid erosion, you know the usual. But forgetting that now, as my son/daughter entered teen hood, I think I'd be alright at it, I'm quite down to earth and open minded, I can take any situation well, should they come home one day and tell me they're sick/pregnant/drug addict/Country-Western Singer I could handle it, but I'd have to raise them up until this point in order to deal with this.
I guess as I said when the times comes I'll find out, but think about it yourselves as you shut the door to this blog and wander down the endless halls of the Internet, would you make a good parent?

And for those who care, I would love to have a girl, I'd call her Sarah, and I would dote on her much, but where a Man to become instead, I would call him Jeffery, and raise him to be tall, thin and hilarious.

2 comments:

  1. I love kids, but I couldn't eat a whole one. JK, I work at Ovoca camps with kids from 8-12, they're a handful but I love 'em. Not so experienced with babies, and I'm rather clumsy so my only fear is dropping them. I reckon I'd be a good parent though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice first post! Far better than mine. Welcome to the blogosphere, alex :)

    Children I crazy! I just got back from watching 15 5-12 year olds for an hour at my church's kid's club, and it's insane. If you leave them to their own devices for more than 5 minutes, someone's gonna catch fire. There's definately be crying and some smoke, I can tell you that. But beyond the whole "They're gonna die without constant supervision" part, I like kids! I hope I'd make a good dad. I think I would, if didn't freak out about it too much.

    ReplyDelete